You’ve decided that you want to relocate to Medellin, Colombia and now you need to find an apartment. What to do? There are many strategies that a person can use to successfully navigate the rental process. The first thing you should do when you decide to relocate to Medellin, Colombia is come up with your time frame. Once you know how much time you have to work with, you can decide which rental method or combination of methods to use. Budget is another factor to consider when you decide to relocate to Medellin, Colombia. You will need to set a limit on how much money you want to spend. This will help you determine what part of town you will live in and how much space you can afford to rent.
Medellin Relocation Strategy #1:
Hire a professional. If you have it in your budget to hire a professional, we can make the process of renting an apartment in Medellin, Colombia streamlined for you and customized to your specific needs. Common questions from previous clients include the following;
- What part of Medellin, Colombia is right for me?
- I have a spouse or significant other to take into consideration. What factors are important for them?
- We have kids and want to make sure they are in the proper schools. What schools are best?
- We have a pet and need to relocate our pet. What are the steps that we need to take in order to get our pet to Medellin, Colombia.
- I need an office in which to work from. Where can I rent office space that is right for me?
- I want to start a business. How do I go about setting up a business in Medellin, Colombia and what paperwork is involved?
Whatever your needs are, the professionals at Medellin Executive Relocation can help you make the right decisions that will save you time as well as money in the long run. The decision to relocate to another country is a big one, so the proper planning and execution is an important factor that will determine how successful your transition will be.
Medellin Relocation Strategy #2:
Go it alone. If your budget is minimal or limited, you can navigate the process of renting an apartment in Medellin on your own with some proper planning and guidance. At Medellin Executive Relocation, we are always here to lend a helping hand if you need some tips or assistance to get you moving in the right direction. Housing comes in many forms here, but the vast majority of our clients chose to rent apartments when they relocate to Medellin, Colombia. In fact, there are more apartment option here than any other type of housing available. We have listed some of the more popular options below that you can utilize to begin looking for the right apartment in Medellin, Colombia.
- Craigslist – many people advertise their apartments for rent on Craigslist. The pros are that it is an easy place to find an apartment. The downside is that mostly foreigners advertise their apartments on Craigslist, so you may not always get the best deal here. If money is no object, you might want to start here and from time to time there are deals to be had. *NOTE: You can avoid the common practice of needing to have a co-signer if you rent direct from foreign owners. We will go into more detail regarding this important step in a subsequent article. Stay tuned.
- Real Estate Companies – there are many real estate companies that offer a selection of furnished and unfurnished apartments here. At Medellin Executive Relocation, we know most of these companies and have relationships with them. Send us an email or call and we will provide you with list of these companies. *NOTE: We will be expanding our business model to begin offering our own apartments in Medellin, Colombia as well as the inventory of other real estate companies here. Check back later for a listing of our apartments and others here on our website.
- Walk & Shop – sometimes owners will advertise their own apartments for rent by putting up a sign in their window. The only way to uncover these apartments is to physically walk or drive around the areas that you might be interested in. This is by far the least efficient method for finding a great place to rent in Medellin,Colombia, but it has produced some great bargains for clients in the past. We do our best to keep an eye out for these opportunities as we are driving and walking in the neighborhoods on a daily basis.
That is all for now. We will be updating this page from time to time as well as covering other topics that relate to finding a good apartment to rent in Medellin. Check back with us often to see our new real estate listings and opportunities.